donderdag 4 december 2014

Schoolweek 12,13 and 14 (November 3th-23th)


On Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th we had free from school. Monday was a perfect day do shoot some guns. One of my friends Tyler, asked me if I wanted to try to shoot with some guns. Of course I said yes, but I had no idea what kind of guns he meant. On the first picture you see the 3 guns we used. From left to right: Semi-automatic assault rifle with the bullets that you see on the 2nd picture - a light gun with bullets you see on the 3rd picture - shotgun, the bullet is on the 4th picture. It is a bullet with like 40 small balls in it!

We were shooting in his backyard, on some cans. It was amazing! Another great experience.








That night we went somewhere to a restaurant. I had my first American steak, it was very very good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 7th, big day for basketball. The official practices started. So we didn't practice anymore with a big group of students, only with the varsity players (12 and 11th grade). The first practice we had was before school. We started at 5:45. This means, you need to be at school at 5:30, and the drive is 15 minutes. I left the house at 5:15! Collin, a friend from the team picked me up every morning. 
I was very excited for it, and kind of nervous too. I was not 100% sure yet if I made the team. After a day it was more clear for me, and I was sure I made the TEAM! :)

After a few practices I got my own locker. On the locker we have our name, and our slogan for this year: Hold The Rope! If you want to know why it is hold the rope, read the text on my locker. 



Now it became pretty serious. We had less than a month left till our first game! Everybody got their GAME Jersey and Shorts (+socks). This season I will play with the number: 25.

This is our schedule for this year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 15th. My first American hockey game. Tom, he got some tickets through the company he works for. We had very good spots. Before the game we had a buffet, so we ate a lot. After that we got to our spots and watched the game. The game was in Toledo (the Walleyes).











TOLEDO WON THE GAME!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 23th. EF-Students sleepover.

In the city Holland (5 mins from me), live 2 exchange students in one house. They had a EF party for all the exchange students who live within a hour (maybe hour and a half) from us. There were like 25 exchange students. We had taco's for dinner! It was very good. We had a lot of fun. The exchange students were all from Europe (Italy, Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, The Netherlands).
That night there were 17 students that spent the night at their house. We watched movies and just talked. It was fun!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten