donderdag 4 december 2014

Schoolweek 15-16 (November 24th - Thursday December 4th)

THANKSGIVING.

26, 27 and 28th of November, we didn't have school. And 29th and 30th was the weekend. We had a 5 day weekend :). Thursday 27th was officially the thanksgiving day. We ate all the good food on Friday morning. On Thursday night, me, Reese and Mike went to a big mall in Toledo to go black Friday shopping. We left the house around 11 a'clock. Black Friday shopping is very popular in the US. It is the night of Thanksgiving dinner, and there are a lot of crazy sales! People stay in lanes before stores for more than 5 hours. A lot of the good sales start at midnight. Some stores had their sales from the evening. We left at 12:30. It was fun to see so much people shopping at night.

The next day, around 1, we ate our thanksgiving "dinner". Kathy cooked everything herself. It was SOOO good! We decided that I will do thanksgiving at home in the Netherlands, to keep the tradition, and she will tell me how to cook everything.

On the pictures you see the food. We had mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, sweet potatoes, gravy, ham (with cranberry) and of course: TURKEY!    




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the basketball team we made team pictures and individual pictures. 
One of the pictures was with only the seniors of the school. This picture came in the school newspaper. My name was in the text.

---------------------------------------------------------
FINALLY, THE DAY IS ALMOST THERE......
Tomorrow (December 5th) is my first American High School Basketball game. A dream comes true. I don't know yet if I will get playing time, but I am still very excited! The game is a home game, and there will be around 1000 people watching. 


Another day that is almost there....
Saturday, December 6th, I am going to my first NBA game ever. We are going with the family and my friend Jake to Detroit. The Detroit Pistons are playing against The Philadelphia 76ers. 
Another dream that comes true.





Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten